The business case:
A prominent, global high street retailer sought an integrated HR, Time & Attendance and payroll solution to efficiently and accurately manage their employee data and enable global payroll processing.
- The customer was expanding fast with new countries on-boarding regularly
- The business wished to implement and harness the benefits of an HRIS
- Manual effort and duplication currently in place were to be minimised
- Key decision makers had limited visibility of reporting
- Implementation had to be completed with a strict adherence to the agreed budget
activpayroll implemented an integrated suite of best in class applications to efficiently record and seamlessly transfer all data required for accurate payroll processing.
- Global Payroll: European payroll processing solution implemented.
- activ8: Online access 24/7 to activ8 SaaS HRIS. ePay: payslips and annual statements. eReport: comprehensive reporting of people, job and project costs. eFile: safe transfer of files. ePeople: Employee HR solution containing both Employee and Manager Self Service. eTime: Online timesheet system, replacing manual processes.
- TimeTarget: Retail focused Time & Attendance solution implemented facilitating tablet centric clock-in and clock-out for employees throughout the store base, with hourly integration to activ8’s ePeople to facilitate new starts.
- activTechnology: Dedicated team of software developers and IT specialists, providing bespoke integrations between TimeTarget; activpayroll’s activ8 and the customer’s finance system.
- Significant reduction of manual processes: Identified and replaced with automated solutions and integrations. An hourly interface between activ8’s ePeople module and TimeTarget (providing new employee details to TimeTarget). A regular extract from activ8 to feed all relevant payroll engines (via activ8’s Integr8). Post payroll feed of the journal to the customer’s finance system.
- Improved reporting: By integrating the payroll systems with other existing business systems, senior decision makers were able to access metric reporting and drill down into the detail they desired to make informed decisions.
- Improved cost control: On payroll process completion the journal data is issued back for import into their finance system (CODA).
- Effective Implementation: The integrations are currently used for over 10 countries for approx. 2000 employees. 15 additional countries will be implemented over the next year.